Welcome to the official MU SASHA daily blog!
First time here? Read this.
Dave Muscato here! Skepticon 4 is this weekend; our carpool left Columbia early this evening and we got into Springfield around 9 PM. I’ve had a chance to catch up with some people I haven’t seen since the summer, as well as the folks from the Secular Student Alliance at the University of Central Missouri and from SOMA at KU. I also got to meet some new people, and I’m very excited about that – aside from the talks of course, the best part of any conference!
Tonight we had a brief meeting with several student group leaders from the Midwest (and Atlanta) introducing a new project we’re working on. More details coming soon. We will have a bigger, more-inclusive meeting tomorrow afternoon to introduce the project to student group leaders from other campuses around the country.
I will be live-tweeting throughout the conference @davemuscato – we’re all using the hashtag #sk4 as well, if you want to follow along!
Time to get some sleep! If you are at Skepticon and want to hang out, PLEASE feel free to text/call me at 573-424-0420 cell. See you on the flipside!
(573) 424-0420 cell/text
Dave Muscato is Vice President of MU SASHA. He is a vegetarian, LGBTQ ally, and human- & animal-welfare activist. A junior at Mizzou majoring in economics & anthropology and minoring in philosophy & Latin, Dave posts updates to the SASHA blog every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday. His website is http://www.DaveMuscato.com.
and don’t forget… other SASHA members! We are here for you, too!
This week’s posts
- RT @AmericanAtheist: .@todayshow @alroker @NMoralesNBC Atheists are citizens too. Leave your god out of journalism. Remember we don't all b… 1 week ago
- Buying CAFO products is bad, mmm-kay, Part 1: youtu.be/s8C9ajXYZOI?a via @YouTube 1 week ago
- Buying CAFO products is bad, mmm-kay, Part 2: youtu.be/NGrCwXW084U?a via @YouTube 2 weeks ago
- About to get started at Speaker's Circle. Come out and help us #DefendDissent 3 weeks ago
- Come to Speaker's Circle today at noon to #DefendDisssent facebook.com/events/1828297… 3 weeks ago