The official blog of University of Missouri Skeptics, Atheists, Secular Humanists, & Agnostics
MU SASHA stands for University of Missouri Skeptics, Atheists, Secular Humanists & Agnostics. SASHA is the only expressly secular/skeptic group at the University of Missouri. We are also open to and welcome people of all faiths and religious backgrounds.
In spring 2016 we meet every Tuesday at 6pm in Strickland Hall, Room 117. Hope to see you there!
MU SASHA’s officers are:
President: Caroline Spalding
Vice President: Samantha Trenholm
Secretary: Dusty Bacon
Quartermaster: Sean Donovan
Volunteer Coordinator: Sherman Hayes
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
1) To establish a positive environment for MU students who are rationalists, non-theists, humanists or skeptics.
2) To enrich the MU campus life by sponsoring educational events and fostering student dialogue on matters of faith, science and reason.
3) To engage MU students in issues of national and international import surrounding freedom of conscience and secular education.
Additionally, we strive:
– To provide a place of community, camaraderie, learning, and freedom for non-theistic students, faculty and staff at Mizzou.
– To represent and cater to the secular perspective to Mizzou students, faculty, staff and residents of Columbia and surrounding areas by organizing local events and activities, such as weekly meetings, an annual regional conference, guest lectures, a weekly podcast, a YouTube channel, a monthly book club, movie nights and more.
If you are looking for a group of like-minded, free-thinking individuals who place high value on rationality, skepticism, the scientific method and logic, and who seek to express their rationality in a way that educates, informs, and enlightens, then you have come to the right place!
We also host a yearly convention in the spring: check out SASHAcon.com to learn more!
Center for Inquiry on Campus
Secular Student Alliance